DAY 2 YOU OBEY GOD WHEN YOU BELIEVE HE LOVES YOU
When you believe the love God has for you, you will obey His commands, because you know they were given out of love and for your good. God has made a way for you to keep His instructions through Jesus. When God shines His light you receive His revelation, understanding and perspective, so you can repent and be cleansed.
1. The law was given to the Israelites to protect them from the devils devices.
- The Israelites didnt believe God loved them. They were caught up in the restrictions of the Law.
- Paul explains that the Law was given to protect Gods people from the enemys devices (Romans 13:9-10).
- God knew if the people did what He told them to do, they would be blessed.
2. God gives us instructions, or commandments, out of love, so we can live a blessed life.
- The fleshly desires of a person must be trained in the ways of God.
- Your body cannot make decisions; it simply obeys what the mind, will and emotions tell it.
- We must train our bodies, mind, will and emotions to follow Gods directions (Hebrews 5:12-14).
- God wants you to understand how the commandments given to Moses apply to us who have believed in Jesus (Romans 13:9).
- God said dont commit adultery and dont covet someone elses spouse. He has the perfect mate to be a blessing to you.
- God said dont kill another person. Go to Him with whats bothering you, and He will take care of it.
- God wants to bless you and keep you out of the realm of the devils destruction.
- If there are any other commandments, they also are explained by the love of God.
- Any other commandment includes all the instructions Jesus gave while He was on earth, not just the Ten Commandments.
- Love wrote those commandments to bless you and bring good to your life.
3. Because of Gods great love for you, He has made a way for you to keep His instructions through Jesus.
- Love wrote the commandments, so you would know Gods thoughts and ways.
- If God remembered your sin, He couldnt bless you (Isaiah 43:25).
- Get rid of sin-thinking and poverty-thinking (Philippians 2:5-6).
- If you dont think like God wants you to, repent from your sin (1 John 1:9).
4. When God shines His light on you, you receive His revelation, understanding and perspective, so you can repent and be cleansed.
- God is Love and He is Light.
- God is Lightnot just natural physical illumination.
- God is light energy; light is a manifestation of Him (1 John 1:5).
- When light comes to darkness, the darkness must leave.
- Sin is darkness, and it cannot stand in the light of God.
- When you sin, repent, receive forgiveness and be cleansed.
- Start receiving His blessings.
Additional scripture: 1 John 5:3; 2 Peter 3:9; Deuteronomy 28:1-2; Genesis 2:18; John 1:29, 14:21; 1 John 1:5-9; Genesis 1:3
MAKE IT PERSONAL.
Prayer of Repentance:
Lord, I judge myself and repent. By faith I receive my forgiveness, and I receive my cleansing from all unrighteousness. I am forgiven, Lord! Thank You very much, Sir!