DAY 1 THE UNMATCHED LOVE OF GOD LIVES IN YOU
Most people do not really believe that God loves them, yet He does! His love lives in you and is perfected when you love others. We should be developing in His love. The love of God, a fruit of the Holy Spirit, should be growing in our spirits more and more, so we can love like Him.
1. Most people do not really believe that God loves them, yet He does (1 John 4:15)!
- God has faith, but He is
- You can know God loves you because He sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to give you life.
- God loved us first, before we loved Him (1 John 4:10).
- If you know God, you know Love (1 John 4:8).
2. Gods love lives in you and is perfected when you love others.
- If God loves us, we should love one another (1 John 4:11).
- If we love one another, God dwells in us (1 John 4:12).
- The love of God is perfected in those who keep Gods WORD, or commandments (1 John 4:17-18).
- Perfected love in this case, means maturing, growing, developing love.
3. The love of God is a fruit of the Holy Spirit that should be growing in our spirits, so we can love more like God.
- We have the fruit of the Holy Spirit in our spirits.
- The attributes of God are within us, and are being perfected.
- The fruit of the spirit is what our spirits should be producing (Galatians 5:22-23).
- We know this scripture refers to what should be in our spirits.
- Our flesh puts pressure against our spirits, and our spirits against our flesh (Galatians 5:17).
- Our flesh cannot put pressure against the Spirit of God; therefore the fruit of the spirit refers to our spirits.
- The fruit of love needs to grow so we can love more and more and be like God.
Jesus is exactly like God, and you have been born again in Jesus image.
- Everything in your spirit is born of God, and has the attributes of God.
- You are born again by the incorruptible seed of God that lives forever (1 Peter 1:23).
- There is a born-again man in the Godhead. Its Jesus, and youre just like Him!
4. Whatever you practice, you develop in, whether its Gods love or the anger of the flesh.
- If we love God, we should love each other.
- Practice love words such as we have known and believed the love God has for us (1 John 4:14-16).
- All anger of the flesh is fear-based and is the seed of depression.
- Perfected loves casts out fear.
Additional scripture: 1 John 2:3-5; Colossians 1:18; Ephesians 4:26-27
MAKE IT PERSONAL.
Make a list of all the believers you have trouble loving. Take the list and repent according to Gods command to love one another (1 John 4:7-8). Declare daily that you love God, and you love His children.