DAY 1 RECEIVE YOUR FREEDOM
Even though we are simply vessels made of clay, we contain the light and life of God, and we have freedom to allow Gods presence to shine through us to the world. Because of the Holy Spirit who is in us, we have confidence and dont give up.
1. We dont preach because we are special, from our own wisdom or knowledge, or to exalt ourselves.
- If Jesus could do nothing apart from the Father, then you and I can do nothing apart from the Father (John 8:28).
2. We are simply vessels made of clay. What makes us special is that the light of God shines through us to the world.
- In Genesis, God picked up dirt and water, made clay and formed the first man. Then, He breathed His life into that clay form.
- Since our human bodies were originally formed from clay, we are not like clay pots, we are clay pots.
- God is a planner, and He has planned your life and prepared all the elements you will need to do His will.
3. Its not the clay potthe outside of usthats special. Its what happened to us that makes us indestructible.
- God breathed His life into the clay vessel, and the first man came alive and became a speaking spirit (Genesis 2:4-7).
- God made His light shine in our hearts, so we can know the glory of God that is seen in the face of Jesus Christ.
- We have this light inside us, but we are just clay vessels that contain a great treasure: the glory of God!
4. We have confidence, because Gods presence is in us.
- We are pressed on every side, but not crushed (2 Corinthians 4:5-12).
- We are perplexed, but were not driven to despair, because we can go to Jesus for the
- We are hunted down, but we are never abandoned by God.
- We can get knocked down, but we are not destroyed.
5. Because we have the special treasure of Gods presence inside us, we dont give up.
- We cry out, Fill me up, LORD. I want more of Your presence.
- Our spirits are being renewed every day (2 Corinthians 4:16).
- Every day, with every WORD God speaks, our clay vessels are being filled up with His Spirit, His light and His life just like He breathed into the first man.
- To receive this, we must have all filters removed. The veil of shame that filters God out, must be removed.
- Then, the Spirit of God has the freedom to fill us up with the special treasure, His presence, so we can see and reflect Gods glory.
- The Spirit of The LORD wants to change us into Jesus glorious image.
- Receive the renewing of the Spirit on the inside of you. Get your eyes off present troubles; they are small and temporary. Inside of you is a glory that vastly outweighs, out-powers, out-mans, and outguns everything else.
- When God told us that all have sinned, it was an invitation to come to Him to be forgiven of sin and to receive the glory of God (Romans 3:23)!
Additional scripture: 2 Corinthians 3:16-18
MAKE IT PERSONAL.
You need to be free to be filled with all the glory of God. Write what has been holding you back from receiving the forgiveness and cleansing God offers. What is your next step? (Hint: Pray and believe 1 John 1:9.)