Developing Faith in Gods Love Part 2
DAY 4 FAITH IN GOD IS FAITH IN LOVE
When you have faith in God, you have faith in Love. Exercise your faith in God/Love by believing, speaking and forgiving. The early apostles had an understanding of how much Jesus loved them, and you can have this revelation, too!
1. When you have faith in God, you have faith in Love.
God is Love (1 John 4:8).
- We are to have faith in Gods love for us (1 John 4:16-18).
- When our love is developed, we will be bold in times of trouble.
- There is no fear in love or in us, because the love of God makes fear leave. Fear has torment and God doesnt want us to be in pain. If we are still dealing with fear, we need to continue to develop in love.
- Tormenting fear is not a fear that comes in time of danger. This fear is the one that stays on your mind and tries to influence you all the time.
- We try to hide from fear and the devil. We are afraid that the devil is going to attack us. We can even be afraid that God will hurt us.
- Some people believe that God will use fear and trouble to teach patience. God doesnt have fear and doesnt use fear to teach us.
- We are to fear God by reverencing and honoring Him, not by being afraid He will hurt us.
Have faith in God. Have faith in Love (Mark 11:22).
2. Exercise you faith in God/Love by believing, speaking and forgiving.
You speak to the mountain, or trouble, and it must obey you.
- You believe and speak when you pray, not when you feel it. The circumstance would have to change before you could feel differently. So believe and say, and then you will see a change.
Forgive so there will be no blockage to your prayers.
- Dont hold unforgiveness against anyone; that is disobedience and will block Gods BLESSING.
- Perhaps the person you are struggling to forgive has already been punished, or may have even been born again.
Jesus paid for all sin for all people.
Ministers that ministered to murderers on death row, and those people received Jesus and were born again. Then, the born-again inmates began to witness to the other people on death row. Many people were saved.
- God is doing everything He can to get people into heaven with Him. Hes doing everything He can to bless you, work with you and keep you.
- If you dont forgive, youre blocking God from blessing you. Even your prayers are not effective. Gods not refusing to help you; youre refusing to obey Him.
3. Live in the revelation of the love God has for you. The early apostles did, and so can you!
Several times in the book of John, John refers to himself as the disciple whom Jesus loved.
- When Peter and John ran to see the empty tomb, John referred to himself as the one whom Jesus loved (John 20:2-8).
Jesus trusted John, because He knew John had a revelation of His love. Jesus gave the care of His mother over to John, and John took care of her the rest of her life (John 19:25-27).
At breakfast, Jesus asked Peter if he loved Him (John 21:15-17).
- Jesus was talking about agape love. Peter lived the rest of his life knowing the true love of God.
Additional scriptures: Genesis 6:3; Romans 13:10; Mark 11:13-25; Galatians 5:6; Luke 17:5-6; John 13:21-26, 21:4-8.
MAKE IT PERSONAL
Focus on being like God and forgiving others. If you need to forgive someone, write a prayer based on 1 John 1:9 to ask God to cleanse you from the sin of unforgiveness. Then, receive His love for you and open your heart to love that person.