Prayers For Protection & Freedom From Porn Addiction
Insert your name or your friend/family members name in the blanks.
1) Do not incline __________’s heart to any evil thing, to practice deeds of wickedness with men who do iniquity, and do not let __________ eat of their delicacies. (Psalm 141:4)
2) Father, you have said that anyone born of God does not continue to sin and that the one who was born of God keeps him safe, and the evil one cannot harm him. You have also said that if we ask anything according to your will, you hear us. Hear me now Father. I know you came to destroy the devil’s work. I take heart in the knowledge that you have overcome the world and have the ability to help _________ overcome this addiction in his/her life. My prayer is not that you take __________ out of the world but that You protect __________ from the evil one. When Satan tempts __________, help him/her to resist the devil so that the devil flees from __________. Cause __________ to come near to you, God, and I know that you will come near to him/her. (1 John 5:14,18; 1 John
3:8; John 16:33; John 17:15; James 4:7-8)
3) If sinners entice __________, I pray that __________ will not give in to them, that he/she will not go along with them, and will
not set foot on their paths. (Proverbs 1:10,15)
4) Because you Jesus, suffered when you were tempted, I know you are able to help __________ when he/she is tempted. You
can sympathize with __________’s weaknesses because you faced the same temptations we do, yet did not sin. I pray that
__________ will not run from you, but will come boldly to your throne to receive mercy and grace to help him/her in __________’s time of need. (Hebrews 2:18)
5) He/she who believes Jesus is the Son of God overcomes the world. The Spirit of God who is in __________ is greater than the spirit who lives in the world. You have said that he/she who has the Son has life. I pray you will bring __________ from the death of addiction back to life. (1 John 5:5; Ephesians 2:1-5)
6) Ah, Sovereign Lord, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too
hard for you. The Law of Moses was unable to save us because of the weakness of our sinful nature. So you, God, did what the
law could not do. You sent your own Son in a body like the bodies we sinners have. And in that body you declared an end to sins control over us by giving your Son as a sacrifice for our sins. I ask you, Father, to help __________ take every thought captive and make it obedient to Christ. I pray that __________ may dwell on whatever is true, honorable, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent, and praiseworthy. Help __________ live by your Spirit instead of gratifying the desires of his/her sinful nature. (Jeremiah 32:17; 2 Corinthians 10:5; Philippians 4:8; Galatians 5:16).
7) Your will, God, is __________’s holiness. I ask you to help __________ abstain from sexual sin. Help __________ control his/her own body and live in holiness and honor – not in lustful passion. For you have called __________ to live a holy life, not an impure life. I ask you to help __________ stand strong in the strength of your might. I pray that __________ will put on the full armor of God, and that __________ will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. (1 Thessalonians 4:3-7; Ephesians 6:10-11).
8) Father, I pray that you will help __________ set his/her mind on the things of heaven, where Christ is seated, not on the things of the earth. Help __________ put to death immorality, impurity, lust, and evil desires. __________’s body is not meant for sexual immorality, but for you, Lord. By your power, you raised the Lord from the dead, and I believe you have the ability to raise __________ also. __________’s body is not his/her own, but has been bought at a great price the price of your Sons life. Help __________ honor you with his/her body. (Colossians 3:5; 1 Corinthians 6:13-20).
9) Loving God, awaken your church to Jesus mission to seek and save those who are lost. Give (your church name) your heart a heart that desires to remove the chains binding people. When someone is stuck in the sin of sexual immorality, help the people of (your church name) restore him gently. Through (your church name), administer the kindness, tolerance, and patience you demonstrated for us – kindness that caused us to turn from our sin. Help us to speak the truth in love. (Luke 19:10; Isaiah 58:6; Galatians 6:11; Romans 2:4; Corinthians 13).